Sunday, November 27, 2011

Movie Editing Software Evaluation

Before this course, I did not need to look at video editing software.  Last week I learned about Photo Story 3.  The Digital Personal Story peaked my interest in doing other stories with my family photographs. This week I looked at Windows Live Movie Maker and VideoPad Video Editor.

I chose to review VideoPad Video Editor from NCH Software.  I found this software to be a little more sophisticated than Windows Live Movie Maker.  Windows Live Movie Maker required you to record the narration into a sound file and then add it to the story.  In VideoPad Video Editor you can narrate the story while you are watching the video clip.  It was also easy to edit the narration when you finished recording. The software was user friendly when editing sound tracks, effects, and transitions.

VideoPad Video Editor makes it easier to work with the various options for your movie clip than Windows Live Movie Maker.  Some of the options include clipping, importing other clips, capturing video, adding subtitles, and splitting.  When the movie is saved you may choose .qvi, .wmv, .asf, .mpg, .3gp, .mp4, .mov, .flv .swf, or .rm as the file extension.

In the future, I would like to make tutorial movies for the students in my class who are having a hard time with various concepts.  It would also be a great way for the parents to access the information from home and learn what we are doing in our class.

No comments:

Post a Comment