Friday, December 16, 2011

PSA Post-Production Reflection

Wow! What can I say? I began the PSA production with great trepidation.  I did not know what would happen.  My experience with group work hasn’t always been the greatest.

This assignment began with a fabulous group coming together.  We quickly started our pre-production assignment.  Everyone in the group was willing to help in all areas.  During this process we learned how to use Anymeeting.com for our web conferences, Dropbox for a storage area, and Google docs to collaborate on scripts and narration. 

In week 5, production really took off.  We had completed all of our pre-production tasks including videotaping, writing scripts, storyboards, and narration.  Everyone in the group worked diligently to get our PSA completed.  We learned to use Anymeeting.com to videoconference four times during the production process.  It was a great tool to use to see everyone face to face and discuss changes that needed to be done to make the PSA better.  We were able to record the meetings in case we needed to review what we had decided.   It was exciting to see everything come together and have changes made to the PSA almost instantaneously.

I have learned so much in EDLD 5363 Multimedia and Video Technology about making movies and using different kinds of software to make the movies.  Making the digital story, podcast, and PSA has really expanded my knowledge of digital media.  Not only did I expand my knowledge but I was able to work with four fabulous ladies and I gained four friendships.  They were truly encouraging and motivating during the process. Thanks to Dana Boozer, Germayne Yanez, Gina Castillo, and Shelbi Blackmon for all of the hard work.  All of you have taught me so much during the production.

Check out our video at Dangers of Texting While Driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment